Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What I feel the word "Mistress" means in the BDSM community

I know I'm a spankee/bottom/brat and in the Spanko community, but I still like to learn about the BDSM community as well, because I have to play with those that are in the BDSM community to fit in to my local community.

So, the topic of my post tonight is about how I see the word "Mistress" and what I feel it means in the community.

The reason for my post about what I feel "Mistress" means is because on the La Fortress site the other day someone posted a blog saying they are in search of a "Mistress" to clean their house and garden for them and that they may be rewarded with spankings because they are a submissive. So, long story short, this person is thinking that a "Mistress" is a submissive. Since I don't see a "Mistress" as a submissive, I posted a comment saying that they may want to change the title of the blog post because a "Mistress" is a Dominate role and not a submissive role. Well, I went to see if they replied or changed the title and they deleted my comment and didn't change the title. Oh well, I was just trying to help them out.

I will share some definations of the word "Mistress" that I have found online, just to see the different meanings and see if they fit into how I see a "Mistress" being a Dominate role and not a submissive role.

******

1. A woman who has a continuing sexual relationship with a usually married man who is not her husband and from whom she generally receives material support.
2. A woman in a position of authority, control, or ownership, as the head of a household"Thirteen years had seen her mistress of Kellynch Hall" (Jane Austen).
3.
a. A woman who owns or keeps an animal: a cat sitting in its mistress's lap.
b. A woman who owns a slave.
4. A woman with ultimate control over somethingthe mistress of her own mind.
5.
a. A nation or country that has supremacy over others: Great Britain, once the mistress of the seas.
b. Something personified as female that directs or reigns: "my mistress . . . the open road" (Robert Louis Stevenson).
6. A woman who has mastered a skill or branch of learning: a mistress of the culinary art.
7. Mistress Used formerly as a courtesy title when speaking to or of a woman.
8. Chiefly British A woman schoolteacher.

The above came from: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mistress I also highlighted the defination that I learned of what a "Mistress" means. I also found more definitions on Bing when I searched the word "Mistress" saying the above in red that go along with the way I believe a "Mistress" is in the community. You can see my search results here.

What are your views on what a "Mistress" is in the BDSM community??? Why do you have those views on what a "Mistress" is in the BDSM community???



1 comment: